Comments

• Options
    Bex7t6Bex7t6 Posts: 1,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    :D:D

Roux has to be the Count
    Nel is Animal (as has already been suggested)

Who's the one in the dustbin/trash can ? can't remember name ?
    Gonzo ?
    big bird ?

Kermit and Miss Piggy the assessors

Had to pop on just to tell you that the one in the dustbin was......wait for it.............OSCAR THE GROUCH:D:D:D

http://grouches.wikia.com/wiki/Oscar_the_Grouch?file=Oscar_the_Grouch_2.jpg

How very fitting:D
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaaron wrote: »
    It sadly appears that way. Sad, in that Roux, need not have lost this way.

He is dependent on the honesty and credibility of his client. I think the world understands that.
  • Options
    GaaronGaaron Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Bex7t6 wrote: »
    Had to pop on just to tell you that the one in the dustbin was......wait for it.............OSCAR THE GROUCH:D:D:D

Lol! How apt. No wonder you rebooted. I must go to sleep...
  • Options
    loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is going to sound insane but Im having a epic delayed reaction, I was going through the previous thread this afternoon seeing the commentary on today's trial and I remember a conversation where someone was discussing how Dixon said the Stipps house had their curtains shut, contrary to what they said in their evidence and then someone on this thread said maybe she (Mrs Stipp) didnt want a bearded man staring in her bedroom in the middle of the night to something to that effect.

I just remembered that and I'm literally laughing my head off! So whoever it was thanks for the humor! :D
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loveloveX wrote: »
    This is going to sound insane but Im having a epic delayed reaction, I was going through the previous thread this afternoon seeing the commentary on today's trial and I remember a conversation where someone was discussing how Dixon said the Stipps house had their curtains shut, contrary to what they said in their evidence and then someone on this thread said maybe she (Mrs Stipp) didnt want a bearded man staring in her bedroom in the middle of the night to something to that effect.

I just remembered that and I'm literally laughing my head off! So whoever it was thanks for the humor! :D

That was chachachavvy:D

Truth is, they've built a new bloody HOUSE between the Stipps and Ops house now. so that whole thing looked desperate and stupid.
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex7t6 wrote: »

brilliant !!:D
  • Options
    loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was chachachavvy:D

Truth is, they've built a new bloody HOUSE between the Stipps and Ops house now. so that whole thing looked desperate and stupid.

Cheers! Thanks chacha:D
  • Options
    johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's guilty.

If my wife and i are alone in the house we don't even bother shutting the bathroom door when we go to the loo, let alone lock it.

He's an arrogant hothead. When he got pulled over by the cop and got chastised for having a loaded gun in full view in the car and was made to unload it. After shouting at the cop he pulled over further down the road and reloaded the gun and shot at a road sign.

The guy is a POS that thinks he's better than everyone else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    The bathroom light:

Mr Dixon stated that from close to the Stipp's house 'with lights off in the bathroom, you can see nothing ... of Mr Pistorius' house. Absolutely black.'

Therefore if Dr Stipp (or Mrs Stipp) saw Oscar Pistorius' house, the bathroom light must have been on.

(It could not be that Dr Stipp saw the house but was mistaken about seeing the light - he would have to be mistaken about seeing Oscar Pistorius' entire house.)
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which one is thunderbird??
  • Options
    plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    sandy50 wrote: »
    OP discredited his own team, (Roux) by saying to Nel that Roux hadn't brought up certain points during his cross exam of some of the Prosecution's witnesses, ie photographs and things having been moved to the Photographer

- really poor taste that he blamed Roux for HIS lies, OP obviously hadn't even told Roux about certain items having been moved in his bedroom ---as it was his version of that night that he gave to Roux, Roux had no more from Oscar, but as soon as Oscar changes his version as he went along in his cross-exam, Nel highlighted things that his Defence team hadn't contested, so OP blamed Roux !!! and Nel even told OP that Roux would not have left things out omitting anything in cross exam's of the witnesses , he said he knows Roux well !!

no wonder OP's looking miffed today, he tried to taint Roux's professionalism, - Roux's probably told him he's put him in a difficult position now, by changing versions when on the Stand - Roux must have huge doubts about what he can do to help OP now.

Yes I believe he does have huge doubts. Roux may be paid handsomely for his services, but that does not mean he switched off his brain and heart. I suspect he knows well that his client is guilty. Putting Dixon up could be or was part desperation to find an "Expert" who can "fix" the facts to OP's fiction and part a reflection of a personal need for a exit door for Roux to fall/fail through.
  • Options
    hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    I'll be 1/8 of Oldwage.

Ha:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    konya wrote: »
    May I be a cleaner who gently cleans The Door and noisily vacuums behind Alex when she's reporting?

I now have the image of Eric Morcambe
  • Options
    girlinstaticgirlinstatic Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loveloveX wrote: »

Haha hilarious. Been lurking this thread often and there has been some top notch humor.

Talking of the curtains though, must admit that was a big wtf moment for me. There could be a multitude of reasons why they were shut at that time, even despite the dirty great new house built! I truly think that was grasping at straws and don't even know why that was worth bringing up :confused:

Looking forward to court later. Nel went in hard last session, never felt so much second hand embarrassment watching something in my life. I could barely look at times... Dixon was completely owned. I felt for him even though I know I shouldn't, he looked like a rabbit caught in headlights.

At the end of the day though, he (and the defence) should have known better than to testify on things that were out of his depth on and there is simply no excuse.

Lastly, I saw the expert guy on Sky earlier saying that even with ears ringing after shooting you can hear a certain amount, even people talking to you.

Let alone someone screaming for their life. Thought that was very interesting.

See you all in court later :D
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,132
    Forum Member
    kind wrote: »
    The bathroom light:

Mr Dixon stated that from close to the Stipp's house 'with lights off in the bathroom, you can see nothing ... of Mr Pistorius' house. Absolutely black.'

Therefore if Dr Stipp (or Mrs Stipp) saw Oscar Pistorius' house, the bathroom light must have been on.

(It could not be that Dr Stipp saw the house but was mistaken about seeing the light - he would have to be mistaken about seeing Oscar Pistorius' entire house.)

Dixon could be as blind as a bat for all we know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Leeah wrote: »
    Which one is thunderbird??

I think it's Joe 90 who sits at the far end of the row Defence front row playing 'Splat My Cat' on his computer. Mr. Dixon pinned a target on his back yesterday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It looks like Roux has totally lost faith. It wouldn't surprise me that a lot of the defense witnesses don't want to testify either.

The rug has been pulled on this defense.

The problem the defence have is that the pathologist went into bat first and gave his opinion based on the magazine rack being in position A, rather than Oscar's new position B. Yet again Roux didn't listen to his client's version or ignored his clients version or he first learnt of this new position during his client's evidence in court.

One of the few things Oscar claims he clearly remembers after the shooting was where the rack was. He has stressed time and again he has been through the photos in detail spotting all the differences, yet he never flagged this one up to his counsel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    The problem the defence have is that the pathologist went into bat first and gave his opinion based on the magazine rack being in position A, rather than Oscar's new position B. Yet again Roux didn't listen to his client's version or ignored his clients version or he first learnt of this new position during his client's evidence in court.

One of the few things Oscar claims he clearly remembers after the shooting was where the rack was. He has stressed time and again he has been through the photos in detail spotting all the differences, yet he never flagged this one up to his counsel.

The magazine rack. Thanks for mentioning it. It's my current favourite OPism.

I am still hoping Nel brings it up with every defence expert
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The magazine rack. Thanks for mentioning it. It's my current favourite OPism.

I am still hoping Nel brings it up with every defence expert

It probably has it's own twitter account
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    It probably has it's own twitter account

Yes, like oscars door. I'll have a butchers
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Dixon could be as blind as a bat for all we know?

As i say, perhaps he had had his "scientific instruments", his "eyes", calibrated?
  • Options
    DonmackDonmack Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking last night - everyone keeps saying that Nel hasn't produced a smoking gun yet.

I think he has.

The blood spatter expert (that Roux barely bothered to cross examine) said that his findings were consistent with OP's account.

Interesting.

OP's account was that he shot Reeva, pulled her out of the toilet, carried her downstairs and she died in his arms at the bottom of the stairs. Roux got the expert to confirm that the blood findings were consistent with what OP said.

But Roux hasn't really followed through on what the implications of this actually are.

Saayman and Botha both say Reeva took 2/3 breaths after she was shot....so the clock starts at that point as far as actual death is concerned.

If OP and the blood spatter expert are correct, Reeva's heart stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

If OP is correct, this is 20 minutes after she was shot around 3am.

If the State is correct, it is more like 6 minutes.

One of those is biologically possible, the other is not.

That's the smoking gun.

Sorry to keep harping on, but I think it's the single most important evidence so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Donmack wrote: »
    I was thinking last night - everyone keeps saying that Nel hasn't produced a smoking gun yet.

I think he has.

The blood spatter expert (that Roux barely bothered to cross examine) said that his findings were consistent with OP's account.

Interesting.

OP's account was that he shot Reeva, pulled her out of the toilet, carried her downstairs and she died in his arms at the bottom of the stairs. Roux got the expert to confirm that the blood findings were consistent with what OP said.

But Roux hasn't really followed through on what the implications of this actually are.

Saayman and Botha both say Reeva took 2/3 breaths after she was shot....so the clock starts at that point as far as actual death is concerned.

If OP and the blood spatter expert are correct, Reeva's heart stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

If OP is correct, this is 20 minutes after she was shot around 3am.

If the State is correct, it is more like 6 minutes.

One of those is biologically possible, the other is not.

That's the smoking gun.

Sorry to keep harping on, but I think it's the single most important evidence so far.
    I have given this some thought since you mentioned it to me a while ago. I agree. BUT the has been no expert (by the way of a doctor) to say this is categorically correct. Or has there?

If not, there should have been and this would have made a ruling on this point easy for the judge. Otherwise she is being asked to judicially note that Reeva could not have lasted 20 minutes, which I don't think she is entitled to do.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donmack wrote: »

You have a great point.

The important evidence i was not aware of until last week, was the fact that OP spoke to Reeva whilst they were both in the bathroom.

There she was, just 3 or 4 feet away, in a now silent room. He then shouted to her, but Reeva did not respond - so he shot through the door.

This is according to the evidence of OP, and it simply did not happen. There is NO WAY Reeva would not have spoke to him.
This discussion has been closed.