Options

Who Killed Lucy Beale? - Latest theories, updates and spoilers (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Melax wrote: »
    So, let me get this right. Jay and Ben couldn't get the better of her so just robbed her bag instead. Abi battered her yet came off looking in a worse state. Denise taught her a lesson yet still Lucy looked unharmed. But then a 12 year old with a music box does what all those adults couldn't. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Lucy could have done a better job on herself by grabbing the music box off Bobby and repeatedly bashing herself in the face with it.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The slippery banana skin would have been a better killer than bobby
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The twist was obviously for the Twitter mob who was hoping it was Bobby who killed her, personally I'm disappointed with this outcome!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why Jane dumped her body on the common. She could have staged it to look as if Lucy had fell and hit her head, and she could have hid the music box.
  • Options
    EEfan24EEfan24 Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgive me if this has been explained but if tomorrow's episode is entirely live and is the aftermath, does this mean the actors won't have rehearsed until tonight/tomorrow due to not knowing who the killer was until today?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    One thing that bugged me was how Bobby got out of Cindy's grasp to go downstairs & kill her without Cindy noticing, Cindy didn't just fall straight asleep, so many loose ends here
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Pacerkez wrote: »
    I just spat my wine :D:D:D

Laughing with a red wine moustache :D:blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    C_N1 wrote: »
    Speaking of Tiffany, wasn't there a story where Bobby was emailing Tiffany saying he was trying to investigate and find out who killed his sister?

Because he didn't think he killed her. I'm presuming Jane told him everything's okay go back to bed I'll talk to Lucy and because he was under that impression then in his head someone killed her at the common.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    MDMDMD123 wrote: »
    One thing that bugged me was how Bobby got out of Cindy's grasp to go downstairs & kill her without Cindy noticing, Cindy didn't just fall straight asleep, so many loose ends here

Indeed, it's got more holes than a sieve.

10 months of clues that meant nothing.

Haha. What a joke! It's literally hilarious!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    EEfan24 wrote: »
    Forgive me if this has been explained but if tomorrow's episode is entirely live and is the aftermath, does this mean the actors won't have rehearsed until tonight/tomorrow due to not knowing who the killer was until today?

I think Laurie and Adam have known for some time and tomorrows aftermath scenes will be them. Bobby was told on Monday it was him so hes had time to rehearse any live scenes he has. DTC can't really expect the child actor to keep a secret for so long but I would trust Laurie and Adam to keep it.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I'm actually embarrassed now at how much time I've spent reading this thread and other Lucy related ones, posting in them, rewatching stuff for clues etc etc. What a complete waste of time that was. Utterly dismayed at DTC, the whole thing is a bad joke.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I agree with this, posted something similar earlier but whats just occured to me is: Why did Max think Jane was so eager to help move the body and why did Jane think same about him?

Fair point, im also thinking the same: if Max walked into find Jane with Lucys body, believing Abi is responsible he may try to implicate Jane to cover Abi.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Idacyder wrote: »
    I keep thinking it`s not really Bobby - Lucy looked round and said `Oh it`s you` - I thought she was looking upwards at an adult.

Pathetic if it`s really Bobby.

Maybe she was. We don't know what went on in that room.:D
  • Options
    PacerkezPacerkez Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sassysoap wrote: »
    Laughing with a red wine moustache :D:blush:

Lol good old red wine moustache :blush::D
  • Options
    EEfan24EEfan24 Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ami09x wrote: »
    I think Laurie and Adam have known for some time and tomorrows aftermath scenes will be them. Bobby was told on Monday it was him so hes had time to rehearse any live scenes he has. DTC can't really expect the child actor to keep a secret for so long but I would trust Laurie and Adam to keep it.

Ah I didn't think Laurie and Adam knew but that would make sense. Also I'm guessing in the coming weeks not many scenes could have been filmed already about Bobby being the killer.
  • Options
    DIsco_kidDIsco_kid Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    This has been brilliantly done, let's face it.

The way it was written gave credibility to Lauren thinking it's Max, Max thinking it's Abi, Phil thinking it's Ben, Denise thinking it's Peter, Peter thinking it's Denise, Emma thinking it's Jake, Ian thinking it's Jake, Ian thinking it's Max, Ian thinking it's Ben, Emma thinking it's Max, Pam thinking it's Billy, Emma thinking it's Lauren, Ian thinking it's Lee, Lee thinking it's Lauren, Lee thinking it's Billy, Phil thinking it's Billy, Emma thinking its Jay- it goes on and on.

That's aside from all the other hints and clues around Cindy, the Cokers, and everyone else including Jane.

We will probably find out that Max possibly helped move the body with Jane because he thought it was Abi.

Oh and it turned out to be someone who no-one really picked up hints on: Bobby.

Every character involved, suspicion on everyone.

I think it's been brilliantly written to have involved every character in the way I've described above, and still pull a surprise out of the bag
  • Options
    MattXfactorMattXfactor Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The main problem I have with the story is just the feeling of nothing toward Bobby because we haven't got to know the character at all. When you have no emotional investment in someone that does something great or terrible its hard to feel invested in it, I don't know anything about the kid quite frankly other than he was clearly irritated at his sister so decided to smash her head in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Maybe she was. We don't know what went on in that room.:D

Exactly, because for some extraordinary reason, they took the decision to not actually show us what happened, instead we got Jane and Masood bickering lol
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel for the poor child actor who's going to be called a 'murderer' for the rest of his life! :D
  • Options
    MuddyMooseMuddyMoose Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I posted this scenario on a thread months ago. Bobby killing her and Jane covering it up. Can anyone do a search and find out if i did. I'm crap at that stuff.

If i didn't post it, I was definitely thinking it :D
  • Options
    rc999rc999 Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Nobody ever saw that coming!

I am one of the people that has been saying for sometime that it was Bobby. And I'm happy to have made a few quid.

I'm equally happy to criticise the storyline and the easy and lazy writing. As I've posted earlier it felt like they said, who would be really controversial, who would be most surprising? Someone said Bobby and they all said 'perfect, lets all go to the pub'.

Their decision not to have it as an accident if it was Bobby was poor. It was way more believable in my view as an accident and thats what I expected.

Their decision to effectively rule out Abi and Max with the oh so obvious Tuesday cliffhanger was poor and then they repeated it with the Beale family on Wednesday.

When the writers tell you it was a surprise and a shock don't believe them. It wasn't. Bobby has been favourite for the last few days and after tonight's first episode was a heavy favourite (long odds on). Sure, not everyone predicted it but a shock? No. They didn't shock many people. Bobby became the only possible outcome as they ruled others out.
  • Options
    TheDevil666TheDevil666 Posts: 899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The main problem I have with the story is just the feeling of nothing toward Bobby because we haven't got to know the character at all. When you have no emotional investment in someone that does something great or terrible its hard to feel invested in it, I don't know anything about the kid quite frankly other than he was clearly irritated at his sister so decided to smash her head in.

This sums up how I feel perfectly.
  • Options
    jamesjp14jamesjp14 Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    DIsco_kid wrote: »

The way it was written gave credibility to Lauren thinking it's Max, Max thinking it's Abi, Phil thinking it's Ben, Denise thinking it's Peter, Peter thinking it's Denise, Emma thinking it's Jake, Ian thinking it's Jake, Ian thinking it's Max, Ian thinking it's Ben, Emma thinking it's Max, Pam thinking it's Billy, Emma thinking it's Lauren, Ian thinking it's Lee, Lee thinking it's Lauren, Lee thinking it's Billy, Phil thinking it's Billy, Emma thinking its Jay- it goes on and on.

That's aside from all the other hints and clues around Cindy, the Cokers, and everyone else including Jane.

We will probably find out that Max possibly helped move the body with Jane because he thought it was Abi.

Oh and it turned out to be someone who no-one really picked up hints on Bobby.

I think it's been brilliantly written to have involved every character in the way I've described above, and still pull a surprise out of the bag

This is how I've been looking at it now too. It does actually makes sense and now the live tomorrow can be emotional.

I've looked at it two ways. One way being that it is ridiculous and silly and we don't know much about Bobby and the other that it was actually really clever and it starts off. more emotional scenes with the Beales
  • Options
    dinbindinbin Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did the squashed banana and tomato point towards Bobby as being the killer, other than "it's a Beale" involved?????

Crap, my Brookside soap was way better in the days.....jimmmmyyyy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    DIsco_kid wrote: »

Oh and it turned out to be someone who no-one really picked up hints on Bobby.

I see what you're saying but I completely disagree.

There is actually no skill whatsoever in creating red herring after red herring - and that's all it's been.

Abi's dog is found dead.

Amongst that, Billy still some Pedigree Chum, Lola went looking for a new leash, Jay spat on a lost dog poster and Ben opted to adopt a cat over a poodle.

But all along - and having seen nothing of her - it was Lady Di, after Mick had forgot to feed her when he fked off with Linda for a few weeks.