Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clemmati wrote: »
    I thought there had to be some copies.

I am so pleased someone had the sense to retain copies, I could never get my head around Eileen Fairweather saying she spent 3 days handwriting the report. Even if she didn't have a photocopier to hand, she could have nipped to a newsagent and spent around £15.00 at the time for copies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    jamtamara wrote: »
    So am I. Well said.

Sadly, I can't think anyone new is going to be able to wave a magic wand. :(

Sooty?
  • Options
    NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daily Mail investigates the credibility of Steven Messham, which is fair enough of course, but does it in an absurdly biased way so typical of the Daily Fail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2231212/A-victim-delusions-astonishing-story-BBC-DIDNT-tell-troubled-star-witness.html?

...... and this is why dealing with these cases of historical abuse it is so difficult & needs to be handled so carefully. You have damaged individuals. What angers me is that this guy Angus Stricker knew the background yet still exposed Steve to national tv no doubt for financial gain for themselves as an Investigative organisation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sky News reporting Jeremy Paxman is "considering his future."

Now that is interesting,but where is the link?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brancake wrote: »
    Ignore him. Your effort re the links is awesome!:)

Oh you are awesome....B-U-T----I----LIKE----YOU!!!!
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    ...... and this is why dealing with these cases of historical abuse it is so difficult & needs to be handled so carefully. You have damaged individuals. What angers me is that this guy Angus Stricker knew the background yet still exposed Steve to national tv no doubt for financial gain for themselves as an Investigative organisation.
    Do we know for a fact Strickler knew that the LM allegation was wrong? That would be very odd if true.
  • Options
    Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    Municipal Mutual: http://www.mminsurance.co.uk/

Went bust.

Any way of finding out who chairman was around time of jillings report
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daily Mail investigates the credibility of Steven Messham, which is fair enough of course, but does it in an absurdly biased way so typical of the Daily Fail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2231212/A-victim-delusions-astonishing-story-BBC-DIDNT-tell-troubled-star-witness.html?
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »

Funny how the mail are now concerned with times and dates to discredit Steve Messham, they weren't so bothered checking times and dates and rolls royce manufacturing years in other stories they've printed.

Errors from the start
    Messham’s evidence about abuse at the Bryn Estyn care home in Wrexham has been unreliable from the start. He was even wrong about how long he spent at Bryn Estyn.
    According to a police statement in March 1992, he said: ‘I stayed there between three and four years.’ In fact, records show, he was there for 20 months, from September 1977 until May 1979.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2231212/A-victim-delusions-astonishing-story-BBC-DIDNT-tell-troubled-star-witness.html#ixzz2BsS4HW00

Looks to me like the vulnerable victim Steve is going to be made the Patsy. I hope he has friends close by, because it looks like every other sod is abandoning him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Victims of Kenyon were advised to take AIDS tests:

“During his report into the abuse claims, Sir Ronald Waterhouse actually stopped the tribunal and sent Kenyon’s accusers to hospital for checks.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/357415/Aids-fear-of-children-s-home-victims
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jamtamara wrote: »
    Take no notice. That was really mean-spirited. I'm sure very few people agree with that view.

You're doing a fantastic job.
    'Chaaaarge!' :D;)

I hope you realize I could sue,for infringement of copyright. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE8kOv26BuQ
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks. So Keith Towler and The Independent both have a copy of the Jillings report. It seems like the insurers had way too much clout.

Since when do insurance companies decide what's acceptable to put in the press when the subject is as serious as child abuse?

The same questions were asked in 1996

http://www.lgcplus.com/lgc-news/mps-call-for-insurance-review-after-clwyd-report-secrecy/1547225.article
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know anything about a Ken Livingstone radio interview this morning, in which he supposedly alluded to MI5 filming abuse at a care home?

No, but I would like too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    She's right, of course, re trial by media and needing to leave the detective work to those qualified to do so, but the comment by boudicca @ 05:35 AM also makes very pertinent points about those same people's failure to do their job.

The standard pattern is a few honest people trying to investigate this kind of stuff but they get blocked by libel laws, injunctions and whoever is involved closing ranks. The "mob" can't investigate except in little bits and pieces but they can help against the blocking attempts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hydon wrote: »
    Look mate, lets get one thing straight. Common sense,intelligently reasoned argument and the like, we will "have no truck with here". This thread (with a few notable exemptions) consists mainly of, the bland leading the bland. One poster by the handle of sad bb addict, seems to post nothing but links to other sites, useful, if one has no search engine. P.S. For what it's worth I agree with everything you have said,and as for Mr M's recant, might I suggest the first option, as being the most likely.

I find it useful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A reporter who covered the Waterhouse Inquiry looks at how recent developments have impacted.
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/welsh-politics/welsh-politics-news/2012/11/11/north-wales-child-abuse-scandal-the-long-road-to-justice-91466-32208017/

"It particularly condemned Welsh Office social services inspectors for failing to visit a single children’s home in the 10 years during which most of the abuse took place."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Theo_Bear wrote: »
    Love Kate Silverton wearing full black. You'd have thought the Queen had died. :D

The queen is dead,you don't think an octogenarian could make a jump from a chopper do you. No she's a doppelganger, who has been put there, to stop drucilla, from getting her mitts on the sparklers.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so pleased someone had the sense to retain copies, I could never get my head around Eileen Fairweather saying she spent 3 days handwriting the report. Even if she didn't have a photocopier to hand, she could have nipped to a newsagent and spent around £15.00 at the time for copies.

A photocopy may have left her open to exposure. I believe every single copy was individually numbered and she probably feared that a photocopy would identify her as being the whistleblower.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    A photocopy may have left her open to exposure. I believe every single copy was individually numbered and she probably feared that a photocopy would identify her as being the whistleblower.

She said the copies were watermarked, a watermark does not show up on a photocopy.

This is what she said

Only 12 copies of the Jillings report were published and each was watermarked so the source of any leak could be identified. All were later pulped.

I wrote out the report's 300 pages by hand, to protect my source. It took me three days and, by agreement, I anonymously fed different sections to different papers. So did another whistleblower.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/news-opinion/eileen-fairweather-journalist-who-helped-1416666
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dsnik wrote: »
    Multiple tweets

Statement from Jeremy Paxman - "George Entwistle’s departure is a great shame. He has been brought low by cowards and incompetents.. tbc

"The real problem here is the BBC’s decision, in the wake of the Hutton Inquiry, to play safe by appointing biddable people... tbc

"They then compounded the problem by enforcing a series of cuts on programme budgets, while bloating the management... tbc

I had hoped that George might stay to sort this out.It is a great pity that a talented man has been sacrificed... tbc

"That is how you arrive at the current mess on Newsnight. I very much doubt the problem is unique to that programme... tbc

hile time-servers prosper. I shall not be issuing any further statements or doing any interviews." ENDS

He said whilst closing his coffin lid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Theo_Bear wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Best post to date.
  • Options
    NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shy11 wrote: »
    Victims of Kenyon were advised to take AIDS tests:

“During his report into the abuse claims, Sir Ronald Waterhouse actually stopped the tribunal and sent Kenyon’s accusers to hospital for checks.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/357415/Aids-fear-of-children-s-home-victims

Oh lets get a bank in on the story. No story is complete without a banker!! This is they guy that Times were implicating on Saturday as also being on Wales Police Authority.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katetow wrote: »
    Still not even a hint that any abuser will be brought to justice

deleted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ozzled2day
    Forum Member

Quote:
    Entwistle's resignation ends a long association with the corporation that dates back to when he was just six-years-old, and perhaps a little more self-assured than in recent weeks. As a schoolboy he wrote a letter to the man then running the BBC, complaining that Tom and Jerry had been bumped off the schedule. However then, as now, he was confounded by others acting on his behalf. END QUOTE....................................It could of been worse,he could of written to Jim'll fix it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    this completely stinks imagine our reputation abroad, undoing any negligable good the olympics and the jubilee did, what a waste of money- now watch them waste more,when the compo claims start coming in ....

We might even lose the Empire.
This discussion has been closed.