Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sporting the skunk do.

It got worse and worse as the show went on. This hopeless Americanism seems to be automatic for a lot of young uns now.

:confused:

Do you know him personally?

:D

He doesn't mesh very well with Myleene, they seem to talk over each other. Daily Mail thing needs to be put out to pasture...even Grimbo and the rag-tag audience don't bother to laugh anymore.

Those who go on these reality shows are at the mercy of the edit. I'd imagine a fair bit of important, yet boring context remains on the floor of the cutting room.

Why would you ask that? No one knows anyone on TWS but they still have an oponion on them! :confused:
  • Options
    SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know him personally?

No, I don't, which is precisely why I worded it that way. I didn't say "He's a horrible man" I said "I think he's a horrible man" and I base that opinion on having seen him on countless occasion over many years. That's the difference. It's not knowledge I was claiming, but an opinion I was expressing, as we tend to do on these forums. I am always aware that others' opinions may differ on all kinds of subjects, so I am careful not to be dogmatic and therefore frequently use acronyms such as IME and IMO to make that clear.
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenbonjovi wrote: »
    Why would you ask that? No one knows anyone on TWS but they still have an oponion on them! :confused:
    *shrug*

I thought it was a valid question. Still do. :p
    SueG wrote: »
    No, I don't, which is precisely why I worded it that way. I didn't say "He's a horrible man" I said "I think he's a horrible man" and I base that opinion on having seen him on countless occasion over many years. That's the difference. It's not knowledge I was claiming, but an opinion I was expressing, as we tend to do on these forums. I am always aware that others' opinions may differ on all kinds of subjects, so I am careful not to be dogmatic and therefore frequently use acronyms such as IME and IMO to make that clear.
    BIB - fair dos. Personally, I was racking my brain for horrible stuff he'd done on telly over the years and came up short...so I thought the only way he'd arouse such a strong feeling in someone is if they'd actually met him. Not so.

Whereas if someone said that Hardup or Carole Malone were horrible on the basis of telly appearances alone, I wouldn't bat an eyelid. :D
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    I was going to ask who is on next week's panel then I remembered ....it's not on next week.

You'd think that after three weeks on his jolly holidays dossing about in the sun and staying in a 17 star Hotel, Matthew could have done another week of the show for us.
    Skiver.

Merry Christmas TWS and all the posters in this thread.
    Catch you for more discussion, moaning, criticising and banter in the New Year.
    :cool:
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to ask who is on next week's panel then I remembered ....it's not on next week.

You'd think that after three weeks on his jolly holidays dossing about in the sun and staying in a 17 star Hotel, Matthew could have done another week of the show for us.
    Skiver.

Merry Christmas TWS and all the posters in this thread.
    Catch you for more discussion, moaning, criticising and banter in the New Year.
    :cool:

I thought the same, I was surprised as I thought it wouldn't finish till next friday :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    I thought the same, I was surprised as I thought it wouldn't finish till next friday :(

Me too. Still, have a good Christmas everyone. Let's hope Matthews New Year resolution is to get some better guests!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a heck of a lot of recent posts missing from this thread. Where did they go?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There are a heck of a lot of recent posts missing from this thread. Where did they go?

were they offensive or inflammatory?
    If so, the Mods will have removed them.

That explains something weird - I tried to post in the thread yesterday and I kept getting an error message telling me I was not authorised to post in this thread - I thought it might have been locked because they were closing it and starting another one, like they sometimes do to long threads.
    There was no padlock though and no continuation new thread.
    And I was able to post in other threads so I gave up trying to post in here.

I bet the Mods were deleting stuff.
    Did someone have an argument or something?
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were several unnecessarily arsey posts from a disgruntled Steve Furst fan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    There were several unnecessarily arsey posts from a disgruntled Steve Furst fan.

That'll be it then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So arsey that it was almost as if they were written by Furst himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So arsey that it was almost as if they were written by Furst himself.

Indeed, I couldn't help but read them in 'that voice' ;-)
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know we have a little moan, mainly about panellists, but I'll miss TWS over the next couple of weeks.

Merry Christmas to all on here, see you next year :)
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought they were quite funny. One of his posts was a rant at one of mine! I thought it might actually be Steve Furst himself! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I thought they were quite funny. One of his posts was a rant at one of mine! I thought it might actually be Steve Furst himself! :D

Same here. As far as I'm aware we all treated it as a joke but maybe someone posted something offensive when I wasn't looking. I couldn't post here for a while and wondered if I'd been suspended, which would have been unfair, but it all got sorted in the end and now they've all gone.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    I know we have a little moan, mainly about panellists, but I'll miss TWS over the next couple of weeks.

Back at you, China Girl! Have a good one! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Must admit, I had my suspicions :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same here. Those posts were obviously written by someone who loves Steve Furst very much and that description only applies to one person.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    is it me every time steve Furst sounds like a parrot every time he has his daily snail review; only himself and only the wright show staff are laughing at his TP !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ag1973 wrote: »
    is it me every time steve Furst sounds like a parrot every time he has his daily snail review; only himself and only the wright show staff are laughing at his TP !

Just don't mention his scarves whatever you do :o
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else notice that the announcer at the start said it was time to join Richard Madeley and guests? They probably edited it to make him look bad.

The continuity announcements are prerecorded, and constantly cock up as a result.
    I thought that. I've only read that MP's pensions will cost them more. However, I'm quite impressed how on top of things Matt is considering the jungle and the following round of interviews and then coming straight from landing yesterday.

He's been on a TV set for a couple of weeks and then in a hotel for the rest. You seriously think he's been away from newspapers for all that time??
    Those who go on these reality shows are at the mercy of the edit. I'd imagine a fair bit of important, yet boring context remains on the floor of the cutting room.

When they get paid £150k for being on that crappy show, my heart bleeds(!)
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »

Sorry but I'll be more than happy if it doesn't come back at all . Obnoxious , opinionated individual that he is . Surely they can find somebody who's a genuinely nice person to front a chat show ..It won't work now we know how his mind works and we know more about his personality .
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    Sorry but I'll be more than happy if it doesn't come back at all . Obnoxious , opinionated individual that he is . Surely they can find somebody who's a genuinely nice person to front a chat show ..It won't work now we know how his mind works and we know more about his personality .

'Mathew Wright is a normal human being shocker' especially when he's very hungry or being told what to do by a fellow contestant every 5 minutes.

You could try The Jeremy Vine Show on Radio 2, very similar show but with music instead of guest pamalists.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    Surely they can find somebody who's a genuinely nice person to front a chat show ..

This kind of show needs an egotistical arse to drive it. MW is amply qualified for the gig!
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you didn't have MW doing it it would turn into a this morning sob story fest
This discussion has been closed.