Options

Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• Options
    mugwuffmugwuff Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    It needs a standard entertainment section - so instead of bringing in items like George Clooney's engagement minutes after telling us of a horrific murder, they just say "at X time, we'll have the entertainment news" - and then the entertainment section should be about movies, tv, music whatever but not sloppy stories everyone already knows.

And get someone else to present it other than richard flippin arnold.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dr Hillary looks like the first one I would sack.

He looked so uncomfortable standing there. At least give him a stool. I wish itv had the balls to drop Hils, Richard, and Ross.
  • Options
    russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    What about Northern Ireland? A programme called "Good Morning Britain" being broadcast to a nation that is not part of Britain (which is England, Scotland and Wales only). How left out they must feel...

How does Ben Shepherd hand over to the NI reporters for the NI news? Do they use the same graphics/fonts for their reporting or is it the ugly, standard and basic UTV News colours/font (Arial).

I don't think UTV have the contract to do breakfast news on the ITV breakfast licence (same as STV don't up here). It was a company called McMillian IIRC. No UTV/STV branding.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mugwuff wrote: »
    He looked so uncomfortable standing there. At least give him a stool. I wish itv had the balls to drop Hils, Richard, and Ross.

Dr Hillary hasnt he got a Surgery to get to at 9am in the morning, or do his payients get told Dr Jones, cant see you this morning, cause of his TV career.

Arnold and King, need GMB to keep them in a job
  • Options
    aquasplash3aquasplash3 Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    What about Northern Ireland? A programme called "Good Morning Britain" being broadcast to a nation that is not part of Britain (which is England, Scotland and Wales only). How left out they must feel...

I doubt most of them take the title of the programme that seriously, as long as the content includes them which of course it does.

Do people of the Isle Of Man and Channel Islands complain when UK is used in a programme title? I doubt it.
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cg_Evans wrote: »
    they can always bring back whatsherface who does the postcode lottery ads.....joking

Joking or not, I'm sure the makers of GMB would love it to be as successful as GMTV when Fiona was presenting:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'll give it til July before Fiona Phillips or Penny Smith return.
  • Options
    southladsouthlad Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »
    Joking or not, I'm sure the makers of GMB would love it to be as successful as GMTV when Fiona was presenting:)

In 2005 when it was Eamonn and Fiona, GMTV had a reach of 6 million.

By 2008 it had dropped to 4.2 million.
  • Options
    ItsNickItsNick Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poppy99 wrote: »
    They don't tell you anything that doesn't pop up on the internet or twitter feeds.
    Not everyone's got a twitter account or looks at twitter. Most people would rather turn the tv on and sit down with a cup of tea and watch the news and a few interviews.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't they axed it yet?;-)
  • Options
    Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    southlad wrote: »
    In 2005 when it was Eamonn and Fiona, GMTV had a reach of 6 million.

By 2008 it had dropped to 4.2 million.

Its not as simple as just "ratings"

perhaps in 2005 there was no hot contender for viewers, perhaps in 2005 FF had not yet become the obnoxious know it all sneer and bullly that she later was

or perhaps thats what the hoi polloi wanted at one time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jb76 wrote: »
    A lot of people are saying bring back daybreak. When daybreak was on everyone said it was crap.
    No.
    When Daybreak FIRST STARTED with Adrian Chiles and Christine Blakely and all those other dire presenters it was rubbish but they got rid of them and made the show better with Ranvir, Matt, John Stapleton, Laura, Aled, Lorraine and Kate. It was a vast improvement from when it first started. Now they decided to get rid of it because it was getting less viewers than BBC. I think a lot of Daybreak's viewers will now switch to BBC.

This current format will not last. It's too American, it's too fast paced, most British people don't want a fast paced breakfast show. I'm sorry to all the people that like it but it just will not last. I guarantee it.
  • Options
    dameliztdamelizt Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Too many competitions, yesterday's news, sponsored by (who cares) and the regional opt out for news is to say the least dire. Same package with a different wrapper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ItsNick wrote: »
    No.
    When Daybreak FIRST STARTED with Adrian Chiles and Christine Blakely and all those other dire presenters it was rubbish but they got rid of them and made the show better with Ranvir, Matt, John Stapleton, Laura, Aled, Lorraine and Kate. It was a vast improvement from when it first started. Now they decided to get rid of it because it was getting less viewers than BBC. I think a lot of Daybreak's viewers will now switch to BBC.

This current format will not last. It's too American, it's too fast paced, most British people don't want a fast paced breakfast show. I'm sorry to all the people that like it but it just will not last. I guarantee it.

Daybreak had its best ratings right at the start... Every revamp lost viewers. The most successful daybreak presenting team were Adrian and Christine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aled mr christian my faith is my life jones has had to be the worst ever cringeworthy choice for that programme....totally charmless vacuous and fake urgh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    Yeah, because Daybreak was such a runaway success.
    Well it's better than this garbage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's better than this garbage.

If s reid the mememe queen was not on it i might watch but shes so in your face staring you out, i reckon she has a psycho problem.....well it was proven with her antics on strictly come dancing, lol what an embarassment! She runed bbc breakfast, she should take lessons from the lady on there before, sian, bbcs worst ever decision to move her, instead we have had an influx of mememes (s reid) arent i great (the asian lady with the mans haircut)and i can be bothered when can i get home (louise minchin)female presenters on there
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it too early to send for Roland Rat yet?

Or shall we wait for some more poor ratings and ask him at the end of this week?
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If only. If only!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    southlad wrote: »
    Daybreak had its best ratings right at the start... Every revamp lost viewers. The most successful daybreak presenting team were Adrian and Christine.
    Because that was when it started and people will always watch a new show to see what it's like. People were getting fed up with Adrian and Christine and so didn't watch. That's why ITV got rid of them and brought back some of the better presenters but by that time people who had switched over didn't switch back. If Daybreak had started with the presenters and format it had at the end it would never have lost so many viewers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Change it back to a boring, dated, cheesy show that nobody watched??
    Dated?. How was it dated?. It was two presenters presenting current news. Sometimes they'd interview politicians about what's going on in the world of politics now. They'd have guests on, showbiz news. It wasn't dated at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dated?. How was it dated?. It was two presenters presenting current news. Sometimes they'd interview politicians about what's going on in the world of politics now. They'd have guests on, showbiz news. It wasn't dated at all.

True.... Ed Miliband was interviewed by Aled and Lorraine on Daybreak. Aled fired the killer question "Who do you think will win The X Factor"!!!
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member

Those two plus Ben and Kate Garraway! We've got the original team back! They'll only need Andrea back to do the weather as well. I would love it. :)

(I mean it!)
  • Options
    Forum Member

A 1980s set, mumsy host, cheeseball aled, awful graphics, Richard, Hilary, Ross...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "British people dont want a fast paced breakfast show". Dont they?! Or is it just oldies that dont? The Big Breakfast was very popular.