Options

***Spoiler thread for Saturday 8th November***

Comments

• Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    I don't think its the fact Caroline is unlikable, they edited her like a fake in training and that's why she was in the position she was in. She has been doing reasonably well on online polls, trouble is people don't put that into practice. :( >:(
  • Options
    tracyannedaytracyanneday Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you to all involved in providing the spoiler! Thank you. One last spinny chair race before I retire to bed! ;-)
  • Options
    lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    I do not mind Judy Murray TBH. Even if she does stay well beyond her time like Ann Widdecombe I still will tolerate her as I find her warm and likable. Its not like she's another Pendlemania or Dave "Peoples Champion Myers" or worst. Lisa "Fun Time Big Is Beautiful Our Girl" Riley.

Anton needs to button it though. He was verging on obnoxious tonight for me.

I like the way Judy never takes the vote for granted and is very honest when talking about her dancing ability ("I'm the worst" "my dancing is rubbish".). I suspect she will go in a week or so, as thus far no contenders have been knocked out. I am not sad to see Alison go but cannot bear the thought of the judges making their indignant faces, and silently finger pointing Judy. It does not help..

Thank you to everyone for the spoiler. Strictly would not be the same without this thread.
  • Options
    LordsallyLordsally Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caroline and Alison bottom two

Alison out

Thanks to Olive for spoiler

Thank you both for the spoiler! Sterling work x
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say that Alison was the last of the people who were really going nowhere, and the voters have occasionally let a joke go on a bit too long but they've never let them outstay real contenders.

Mind you, I thought Judy was a dead cert to go this week, so shows what I know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J05h wrote: »
    I agree sorry missed your post compare her waltz dress to Karen it was shocking the difference.

I also think the judges are overly critical of Caroline.

Indeed... someone texted me to ask why Caroline was wearing old crab pots tonight!! Awful....

Even my mum called to ask why Caroline was the only one who was called on her foot work.... now she also wasn't the only one who made mistakes but she is often the only one who gets marked accordingly....
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    Sorry, it just gets on my t***. Have a good night.

;-)

I'm married to the original dour Scot and he can't stand her!! So just my little joke!!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Not cool Edy, Caroline has been persistently the worst dressed has had dreadful music and has been down scored by Craig 2 weeks running when he can't explain his comments

Just for once next week it would be nice to see her have a killer dance to killer music and a killer dress, Pixie, Frankie and Sunetra have all had this.

The show seems to want to make her invisible, a bit of fishing net and a net curtain does not make a waltz dress make.

Look at what Pixie , Sunetra and Frankie were dressed in tonight

Thank Heavans she survived, now for a fair playing field

BIB What have I done :confused:
    I dont know why she keeps getting awful costumes :confused: but I dont see it as some sort of " big conspiracy " of wanting to make her invisible.
    To be fair, Frankie and Pixie also have been saddled with awful song choices....
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I gave all my votes to Alison and still couldn't save her. It's been a bad week for the Midlander contestants (first Jemma on the Apprentice and now Alison).

With that leaderboard:

- Judy had to get at least 1 point (but technically 2) more than Alison and 3 more than Caroline
    - Jake had to get at least 1 point more than Alison and 2 more than Caroline
    - Steve, Sunetra and Mark all had to get at least 1 point more than Caroline.

Judy at worst would have had to have got 4 points from the vote (so 8th place), but with all of the ties, it's likely that she would have got at least 6 (so 6th place or above) - this is in the event that Caroline was bottom of the vote.

If I've worked this out correctly, Caroline could only have finished about 8th at best in the vote - with Mark, Sunetra, Steve, Jake and Judy all being above her, theoretically it would be 6th best, but it would rely on Pixie, Frankie and Simon all having lower votes and avoiding the DO, which is impossible. It's pretty likely that she was either bottom or 2nd from bottom (but I'd say bottom is the more likely result).

It's been a while since I did working out like this, so I hope my maths is right!

Frankie must also have outpolled Caroline for Caroline to be in the bottom two.
  • Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    Is your mum Scottish?

No she's not.
  • Options
    dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    bendymixer wrote: »
    Eamon said it was unlucky song caroline had

It pains me to accept that anything he says is right, but he was, goddammit.
    Tsunami warning in Blackpool has been withdrawn.
    You are very naughty and I'm sure the PC police will descend on you, but that was hilarious.:D

My Grandma, who was around long before the concept of political correctness, would have called that comment simply rude.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    MrJames wrote: »
    I'm sorry for Caroline. She quite clearly didn't deserve to be in the bottom two, but she did unfortunately fall short of provide a memorable performance.

It's right that Alison has gone.

The idiotic producers are treating Caroline in the same way they treated Thom, sorry but I get the vibe that their not all that interested really. :( >:(
  • Options
    Jackie_Cooper1Jackie_Cooper1 Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    I did for the first time this week as I was sick of certain people on here blaming Scottish people for keeping her in so you can thank those posters for me voting for her.

I voted for her because I enjoy the rapport between her and Anton and the fact that she is so grounded unlike some of them. Anton carries his own fan base as well.

It boils down to the dancing versus the entertainment value. I accept she is not a great dancer but Judy and Anton entertain.

I do not want her to win but I will be happy to see her at Blackpool
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many thanks for the spoiler. Fuming that Judy still stays in what is supposedly a dance competition, but as much as I'll miss Alijaz I'm glad Alison's gone as she wasn't as good as the others left (Judy aside), so it was her time to leave, and unlike Judy she didn't really outstay her welcome.

I would rather have seen her dance in Blackpool than Judy though, so it is a bit of a shame, but not unsurprising.

Interesting Caroline was the one whose vote didn't hold up - Mark, Jake and Steve are all seemingly more popular than her, which may cause some interesting dance-off combinations as we get down to the business end of the competition.
    edy10 wrote: »
    For the people who asked " who is voting for Judy " ? :

Well, I am voting for Judy :D:) and I will vote for her next week too ;-)

She is genuinely having the time of her life ; she has a great partnership with Anton ; she is lovely and I also think that she improved :)

This is Strictly Come DANCING. Judy is not dancing, and I'm sorry to put it so bluntly but she's not. She's still as stiff and awkward as she was week 1, and barely doing any steps.

I'm sorry, but for me you and the other people voting for her are making a mockery of the show and ruining it for me. If she doesn't get eliminated next week she will be taking the place of someone good enough to win, and that would be appalling. :mad:
  • Options
    *Venetia**Venetia* Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Not cool Edy, Caroline has been persistently the worst dressed has had dreadful music and has been down scored by Craig 2 weeks running when he can't explain his comments

Just for once next week it would be nice to see her have a killer dance to killer music and a killer dress, Pixie, Frankie and Sunetra have all had this.

The show seems to want to make her invisible, a bit of fishing net and a net curtain does not make a waltz dress make.

Look at what Pixie , Sunetra and Frankie were dressed in tonight

Thank Heavans she survived, now for a fair playing field

I so agree. She certainly is getting the rough treatment from the judges and production team. Hope she will get a fairer deal from now on!
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caroline and Alison bottom two

Alison out

Thanks to Olive for spoiler

Wow, wow and wow . How could Alison end up in the bottom two ? Will have to watch it again but I thought it was a lovely and technically excellent waltz and far better then most of those saved .

Many thanks to dmolyneaux, Olive and passer on .
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Judy Murray's time to go next week.

Lovely lady and I've warmed to her but she needs to go.

Anton is getting on my nerves too.

It's bothering me that Judy is STILL so stuff. Getting her to loosen up ought to be a top priority, but it looks like Anton would rather choreograph illegal lifts than work on her dancing.
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,865
    Forum Member
    Olls~ wrote: »
    No she's not.

Thanks for replying.
  • Options
    celfyddydaucelfyddydau Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slightly sideways off topic, why does Zoe keep calling Judy "Judy Moon" on ITT? or is it my hearing getting old?
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member

Probably best not to boast about how right you were that Caroline was in the bottom two and that everyone should have listened to you... I mean, nobody really knows what could have happened in any given week. After all, you should know that well as someone who championed Abbey, who was in the bottom two at a similar stage.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many thanks for the spoiler. Fuming that Judy still stays in what is supposedly a dance competition, but as much as I'll miss Alijaz I'm glad Alison's gone as she wasn't as good as the others left (Judy aside), so it was her time to leave, and unlike Judy she didn't really outstay her welcome.

I would rather have seen her dance in Blackpool than Judy though, so it is a bit of a shame, but not unsurprising.

Interesting Caroline was the one whose vote didn't hold up - Mark, Jake and Steve are all seemingly more popular than her, which may cause some interesting dance-off combinations as we get down to the business end of the competition.

This is Strictly Come DANCING. Judy is not dancing, and I'm sorry to put it so bluntly but she's not. She's still as stiff and awkward as she was week 1, and barely doing any steps.

I'm sorry, but for me you and the other people voting for her are making a mockery of the show and ruining it for me. If she doesn't get eliminated next week she will be taking the place of someone good enough to win, and that would be appalling. :mad:

But I like watching her on the show :); Im really enjoying her journey with Anton so why wouldnt I vote for her :confused:
    We all vote for different reasons :confused:
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    slightly sideways off topic, why does Zoe keep calling Judy "Judy Moon" on ITT? or is it my hearing getting old?

Judy Moo - because that's her twitter name. @judmoo
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know why she keeps getting awful costumes :confused: but I dont see it as some sort of " big conspiracy " of wanting to make her invisible.
    To be fair, Frankie and Pixie also have been saddled with awful song choices....

I get the impression from what Vicky Gill says in Get Frocked that Caroline is a bit fussy about what she wears. Maybe the costumes she is getting are to her liking.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the spoilers... I was very anxious about Jake so very relieved he is through, but poor Caroline! The curse of being on second strikes again! I'm glad I threw her a vote now, she didn't really wow me tonight but then nobody really did.

Personally I'll miss Alison, she's been a joy and she has also completely changed my view on Aljaz!
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Diane60 wrote: »
    How far do you think Judy could go?

Think that she only escaped the dance-off by the skin of her teeth this week (or I would like to think so). She must have come 7th on the audience vote at least, but there is no proof that she actually ranks higher (that might have been proven if Simon was in the dance-off instead of Caroline).

Next week Caroline will get a vote boost and that might very well be the end of the road for Judy (Mark and Simon seem to increasing in popularity and there is no proof that Judy has ever gotten more audience votes then the likes of Sunetra and Steve).

Also, Anton was eliminated in Blackpool last year with Fiona.