Shooting in Woolwich, London

Comments

• Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lesleyanne wrote: »
    What the hell is a 'black area'? :confused:

That's the great thing about London, there is no segregation, we live side my side with people of all colours.

..For god sake.

Wake up will you love.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're a ****ing idiot.

No he is not.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're a ****ing idiot.

You clearly haven't read the rules. Goodbye
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Nihonga wrote: »
    The man with the machete's full statement to the camera was:

From the Guardian

He is right we wont be safe, not until every last person who thinks the same as him has been removed from our streets.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    The EDL's Tommy Robinson is on his way to Woolwich right now. I'm sure that's what this situation needs.

Oh dear
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    I dont think Ill ever visit London after this.Its already a no go area.

Why should this stop you from going into London. After the Tube attacks I went a week later. This shouldn't stop you from going otheriwise these nutjobs win.
  • Options
    StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    You must be joking!!!

I laughed too, although by stating that they don't trust "mainstream media" (with all those pesky rules and regulations they have to adhere to) compared to what is essentially "something someone on the interweb said", they're probably being serious.
  • Options
    stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member

From the Guardian

That is interesting. The ITV news clip I have seen seems to edit out the solider bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS1_WbQ4Z8E
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Please don't come, you're not wanted here if that is your attitude. London is the greatest city on the Earth because it is tolerant, open and global.
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Silly statement to make.

In the daytime you are usually okay to be fair, except in Lewisham from what I've heard, where they'll rob you at knife point even during daylight.
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    The police don't want guns because they think it puts them in more danger but they're supposed to be protecting the public and should carry guns to protect us.

In a dangerous place like London it should be mandatory.

How would having all Police armed have altered the outcome of today's tragedy?

The 2 guys killed the soldier, the Police were called, had a cordon around the scene, Trojan Officers attended and the 2 guys went towards them at which point they were shot.

Where can you see anyway that having all officers armed would make a difference?
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Actually, most nurses and doctors i know through my family say the same.

Scum like this should be left.

I find it very odd a person who murders people should expect treatment and respect from people :confused:

It is not up to nurses and doctors to judge their patients, whether they be terrorists or tramps. It is a fundamental principle of their profession to treat all patients to the best of their ability. They may indeed not respect the patient or they may be repulsed by their actions, etc., but that should not be allowed to interfere with their professionalism
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    Pouring shit on troubled waters is rarely a good idea.

Bring in Herr Nick while we're at it, too.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,419
    Forum Member
    Anger at this attack is fully justified but descent into hatred of others is not because then the militants terrorists will have won out so we must never fall into that trap.

Another way to get back at them is go do some good in the world and right now a charitable donation to Help for Heroes or a similar charity would be a suitable response.

Link: http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

From the Guardian
    Not that there's any point trying to reason with such people, but how do they not see that the biggest threat to Muslims is other Muslims? Forget the West and our wars, more Muslims are dying at the hands of terrorists like him across the world than are dying because of the West's actions. It's truly absurd logic from him, though completely expected.
  • Options
    drykiddrykid Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

From the Guardian
    Hmm wonder why ITV removed all the references to muslims before showing it then.
  • Options
    16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..Well you better get used to it, Britain is so limp-wristed and spineless in 2013 and we want to import more of these sick-minded creatures until there is all out urban warfare.

The blood sacrificed by our solders in WWI and WW2 is now almost certain to have been in vain if it carries on like this.

Looks like it. I hate watching the once Great Britain turn into... this.

Something has got to be done!
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Bosox wrote: »
    Please don't come, you're not wanted here if that is your attitude. London is the greatest city on the Earth because it is tolerant, open and global.

Were those men tolerant today? no, they murdered an innocent man in front of onlookers. I love London dearly, but my desire to go back reduces with every sickening act such as this one.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    The EDL's Tommy Robinson is on his way to Woolwich right now. I'm sure that's what this situation needs.

Oh well I am sure that will help. Nothing to do with getting himself in the news to bolster his shrinking reputation in what remains of the EDL I am sure.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    In the daytime you are usually okay to be fair, except in Lewisham from what I've heard, where they'll rob you at knife point even during daylight.

It's no different to other major cities in the country, even the world.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Saskia44 wrote: »
    So are you if you defend the actions of such scum.

Fantastic logic at work there. I object to ill-informed, racist comments and therefore defend murder.

Christ.
  • Options
    JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A year ago I would have told you to stop being so ridiculous.
    And areas such as central and Waterloo should be fine , it was just under a year ago I was in waterloo , and some black boy pulled a meat cleaver out and threatened me and my friend for `getting in his way`.
    There is literally nowhere you can go there these days ! :mad::(
  • Options
    jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the whole of London is a "no-go area". :rolleyes:
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I think the woman being interviewed on the Beeb at the moment who was interviewed on phone before who had been told the suspects were from Afghanistan

On channel 4 news - they suspect they're 'home grown' terrorists.

The soldier came from the barracks.
  • Options
    Mr CynicMr Cynic Posts: 5,435
    Forum Member
    Multiculturalism in action.

If the attackers were not born here I wonder which political party allowed them into the country in the first place, it sure as hell wasn't the BNP.
This discussion has been closed.