Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get it On' - Christian & Syed (Part 50)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    ardchoile wrote: »
    OT but I know there are a few Rupert Graves fans on here (myself included). He's in Sherlock on BBC1 right now!

I'm off to watch. We're recording it while hubby finishes watching Top Gear!
  • Options
    heartsickheartsick Posts: 3,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pear_tree wrote: »
    Hey Heartsick - just to add, Indie linked the update to HLAM on p179 :)

Otherwise, you've only missed banter really :)

For one, it is banter, for another, the stuff of dreams. Surreal tells me it was intelligent discussion.

And then I saw what Zigesa wrote. You naughty imp, you.
  • Options
    LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saz I agree :) it would be very unrealistic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry? Oh, sorry, couldn't hear you over the electric clippers :) Yes, you're right, I think I've chosen the wrong way just because I thought it was the fashionable option. I was struggling on the fashion side though, it was quite hard to find guy's clothes that fit me. I'm clearly not cut out for this. From this day forward, I return to the natural order of being. I am straight and I still get to fancy the pants off Christian/Johnny! :D

Praise be, she's seen the light!! And none of this would be possible without the help of JP's muscly arms :rolleyes:

Now that you've returned to the right and proper path, you can get on with procreating...given that's the only purpose for sex (and the life of a woman).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,699
    Forum Member
    Chryed Angel

Season 5

Come on, hero. Tell me more. Teach me what it means. And I'll tell you why you can't stand the bloody sight of me.

Tell it to your therapist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,579
    Forum Member
    heartsick wrote: »
    For one, it is banter, for another, the stuff of dreams. Surreal tells me it was intelligent discussion.

Moi! what have I done!!! ???
  • Options
    pear_treepear_tree Posts: 4,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TM Sonia Jackson

And yet, she's a totally convincing lez.

Ugly - tick
    Annoying - tick
    Can't make her mind up - tick
    Plays a classical instrument - TICK
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're only a lesbian if you choose to be one!! :p

Yeah, no worries. I decided my hair's too long for me to be a lesbian, despite my huge collection of Tegan and Sara songs.
    Exactly. And yes the same goes for NW and NG. I just get sucked into the s/l and end up wanting to throw things when Zainab comes out with one of her pearls of wisdom ;)

I don't even notice the ME and JP slips, I tend to put it all down to the playful side of Christian and Syed's relationship.

Yes! It's a real art- good acting doesn't seem like acting at all.

Just in bits like the end of the flour-throwing couch scene, and I always thought 'don't, just don't' was more Ellitridge than Chryed- but, no, it doesn't pull you out of the scene, it just makes the characters seem more genuine.
    TM Sonia Jackson

Haha. Oh, God, pear, you think the Sophie/Sian story is bad? At least those two are pretty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A_pink_lady i'm using sony vegas :D i was just wondering how you trim the music to a certain point? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha what a week ;)

it's continuous but will end...in a couple of months. :eek:

i've not had time to read much in about 432 pages time but i saw a post of yours on insecurities and it was perfect i thought i should mention :cool:

i got there eventually susan! hope you're well my lovely.

pleasure :)

oops better go... night all x

i am well sweetie. thank you. thanks so very much
    xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    That's a good point, actually. Even with McDean (which I think was very well-done), I often found myself thinking "ooh, this is convincing for two straight actors!" which... kind of defeats the purpose in a way. It reminds me on NYD (the prime example of good acting in this storyline for me, but hardly the only instance) , I never once thought "wow, Nina's a brilliant actress" or "Johnny's doing so well" or "Marc's so convincing here" during the scenes. I thought it during other scenes, but I was too caught up in the characters to give the actors much thought 'til after.

It's like this with Christian and Syed's physical affection- there's the odd moment where it's clearly Marc and Johnny having a lark about, but most of the time, I'm thinking "awww, aren't Christian and Syed adorable?" rather than "Marc's doing such a good job portraying someone in a gay relationship!"

Thats a good point, as is Black Cherry's. I admit, until reasonably recently, I never thought I'd get a couple I would love more than McDean, but I think Chryed may have beaten them now. Although, tbh i should try not to compare them too much- McDean was a teenage love story, and didnt have the religious aspects etc.
    I know what you mean about how comfortable they seem, I never really thought too much about Guy being uncomfortable though, I think it was an interview that sparked all of that though, didnt it? :confused:

But I will stop talking about McDean now :o:o
    haha thank you :D i use Windows live movie maker which is really good but it did stop working and kept moving the music so i couldn't get the timing right, then my computer broke (not because of wlmm, my sister slammed it down :mad::p) and i had to reinstall it so it's working again :) hopefully it will last this time :p

I really like the colouration you use in your vids- the increase in colouration :) I never used WMM so I dont really know how it works. SV has a shed load of things, many I have never used, even after years of vidding... :P
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A_pink_lady i'm using sony vegas :D i was just wondering how you trim the music to a certain point? :)

don't worry i think i got it :D
  • Options
    Joules38Joules38 Posts: 1,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding the 4 month blackhole
    Did DTC say it was rubbish?
    I was hoping for some Chryed for Ramadan which is 11th August - it was a big story last year and with DC it would be fun/interesting to see them deal with the religion and no sex ban:)

A girl can dream

Joules
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL!! I don't own either - nor Tegan and Sarah or La Roux. I'm such a bad gayer :D I've never gone horse-riding either. And I don't own dungarees or Doc Martins. I think I need to reassess - or rather choose more wisely. ;)
    Oh I love la roux. I am a lesbian too :D
  • Options
    cazzieb2705cazzieb2705 Posts: 12,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone been to Elstree lately?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats a good point, as is Black Cherry's. I admit, until reasonably recently, I never thought I'd get a couple I would love more than McDean, but I think Chryed may have beaten them now. Although, tbh i should try not to compare them too much- McDean was a teenage love story, and didnt have the religious aspects etc.
    I know what you mean about how comfortable they seem, I never really thought too much about Guy being uncomfortable though, I think it was an interview that sparked all of that though, didnt it? :confused:

I really like the colouration you use in your vids- the increase in colouration :) I never used WMM so I dont really know how it works. SV has a shed load of things, many I have never used, even after years of vidding... :P

haha thank you :D i think windows live movie maker is an updated version of WMM? not sure but it's different :) i find it pretty clear and easy to use though :)
  • Options
    sazwilkiesazwilkie Posts: 9,686
    Forum Member
    Saz I agree :) it would be very unrealistic.

Thanks hun :)
  • Options
    LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone been to Elstree lately?

I dont think so shelza and mistified went 2 weeks ago, but i think cs447 is going this Friday :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,699
    Forum Member
    Chryed Angel

Season 5

We're forever
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't be objective re: my enjoyment of both storylines- I only watched McDean (on YouTube) because of this storyline and it had so many fans in common. But even disregarding this, they're fundamentally too different to really compare them, I think, like you say.

Oh, like I said- I never would have guessed Guy was uncomfortable just from what I saw onscreen. I only found out he wasn't comfortable reading the Wikipedia pages.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    sazwilkie wrote: »
    About the blackhole

I really can't see it being 4 months long. And if it is there has to be a pretty big s/l to show why and we haven;t heard anything along these lines. There's no way EE can simply 'leave out' 2 characters that have led to some of the biggest s/l's of the year so far. I suppose that Chryed will take a bit of a back-seat story wise for a while and fair enough. They have had the central parts in the episodes they've been in and while domestic Chryed going about their day to day lives are squeeable to us, other viewers will find it boring. EE is about drama after all and where's the drama in 2 people on the sofa watching TV?!

Marc and Johnny have been seen filiming but will probably just pop up every now and then rather than the screen time we've been having.

I agree Saz. I am certain that Chryed won't be off screen for 4 months. Just because they have a 4 month break in filming doesn't mean the blackhole will be that long. That would simply be madness!! I'm sure they will have filmed scenes in large blocks that will be shown spaced out throughout the 4 months. Obviously that will mean they won't really be the main s/l for quite a while but I guess that is inevitable with so many characters leaving and now that they are together and happy. As you say, unfortunately not everyone will want to see endless scenes of domestic Chryed, although we would be happy to!! :p
  • Options
    pear_treepear_tree Posts: 4,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heartsick wrote: »

Surreal is easily pleased :sleep:
    Zigesa wrote: »
    Moi! what have I done!!! ???

Zigesa's inlaws: Our son........ (:eek:)
    Praise be, she's seen the light!! And none of this would be possible without the help of JP's muscly arms :rolleyes:

Now that you've returned to the right and proper path, you can get on with procreating...given that's the only purpose for sex (and the life of a woman).

The mother will be pleased!! :eek: (she's a bit... traditional - only stopped asking for grandchildren about 3 months ago)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB - I do remember reading something about his discomfort, so that may have coloured my viewing. Still loved the s/l though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,486
    Forum Member
    And yet, she's a totally convincing lez.

Ugly - tick
    Annoying - tick
    Can't make her mind up - tick
    Plays a classical instrument - TICK
    Haha. Oh, God, pear, you think the Sophie/Sian story is bad? At least those two are pretty.

LOL.

Don't be such a b*tch mt - Sonia was really beautiful on the inside. She was pretty thick though, wasn't she? Not to mention a massive concern to anyone who has cause to use the NHS. Sonia = the nurse who didn't know she was pregnant until she was 10cm dilated.

Yeah, no worries. I decided my hair's too long for me to be a lesbian, despite my huge collection of Tegan and Sara songs.

You have long hair? This has thrown me as this absolutely doesn't fit my picture of you at all. I feel like I don't know you anymore :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,579
    Forum Member
    Hand pics for Heartsick and Susan who went to bed.
    Squeeeeeeeee!!!

Gotcha

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/Chryedfan/Hands/hands2.png
    http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/Chryedfan/Hands/33.png
    http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/Chryedfan/Hands/gotchahands.png

Love this scene, just love it. The way Syed just can't keep up the pretence when he's that close to Christian, feeling himself loose himself in his eyes.... *thud*
    'Never touch me again...'

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/Chryedfan/Hands/hurthands.png

Christian was so hurt in this scene (I mean emotionally as well as physically). I'm assuming he must have fought back by the grazes on his knuckles?

:cry:
    'If you want me you can have me.... all of me'

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/Chryedfan/Hands/allofme.jpg
    WARNING - The following may cause melting, puddles of squee to appear and just general :eek:-ness!!

2 words..... cut finger *dies*

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/Chryedfan/Hands/cutfinger.png
    Moving on quickly from the cafe scene... just remembering this scene will make you laugh!

'You?... Here?... How?!

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/Chryedfan/Hands/vlcsnap-2010-01-27-13h13m34s29.png
This discussion has been closed.